Updated: Jul 15, 2020
Humans tend to be hardwired to be inquisitive and have an unquenchable thirst for new information. This is why we’re attracted to freak shows, magic tricks, and other forms of entertainment that will shock and awe us.
The Digital Marketing world can be just as fascinating with mind-blowing facts that show you how fast the online world is changing and how the digital landscape is influencing how we market your business, but without risking the chance of full-on brain trauma, of course.
Brace your brain for these interesting digital marketing stats will blow your mind:
1. 85% of mobile advertisers think they’re providing a positive experience; only 47% of users agree.
The majority of brands are still failing their customers on the mobile front and they don’t even know it. It’s 2020, people! Time to catch up with the times and provide a friendlier mobile experience.
2. The number of unique monthly searches is over 100 billion, and over half of those come from a mobile device.
In moments of need, people turn to their phones and search. Relying on our smartphones has become second nature. You want to make sure to connect your business information across all screens, channels, and formats. Particularly on mobile.
3. Sixty-one percent of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site if they had a problem accessing it, and 40% will go to a competitor instead.
Don’t lose out to a competitor because you don't have a mobile optimized site. A mobile optimized site is built for efficiency, the images and media are optimized for quick loading and the content is succinct for maximum effectiveness.
4. 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines.
That means you can’t afford to rank on the second, third, or fourth page. A good SEO strategy has the power to optimize your website and increase your chances of being found online.
5. Bounce rates increase by 50% if your website takes two extra seconds to load.
That’s not a lot of time, which means you have to make sure your web pages are optimized for speed and are not driving potential consumers away due to a slow site.
6. 72% of marketers worldwide said relevant content creation was the most effective SEO tactic
By creating content that's focused around targeted keywords and phrases, you can improve your visibility on search engines.
7. Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads
Brands who invest in content marketing are seeing the benefits because not only is it cheaper than outbound marketing, but it will generate more leads for your business.
8. The average conversion rate for websites using video is 4.8 percent, compared to 2.9 percent for websites that do not use video.
Not having a video on your site puts you at a serious disadvantage compared to your competitors. If you don’t have one already, it’s time to update your website.
9. Emails that are not optimized for mobile devices get deleted by 80.3% of users, and 3 out of 10 unsubscribe from an email list when emails are not optimized for mobile.
Emails are primarily read on smartphones, not desktops. That means it’s important to tailor your company newsletters and emails to be more mobile-friendly.
10. Infographics are Liked and Shared on social media 3X more than any other type of content.
People are visual and Infographics are a great way to share information because they combine an interesting visual with useful content.
Was your mind officially blown? Don’t let these digital marketing statistics go to waste. The data can provide useful direction on how to approach your digital marketing campaign for the rest of 2020 and beyond. Contact us to get started.